One of the unspoken rules of blogging is “don’t talk about how you’re not posting enough.”
Well, I’m about to break that one. I haven’t posted– in forever. And I’m sorry.
This is a critical time for Evolation. After working at Apple for the past year, I’m now “going pro” –where possible–as a writer and blogger. Among other things, I’ve launched Appculture, an up-and-coming blog exploring cutting-edge trends in software design and the “bigger issues” of personalized, mobilized, and contextualized data. I’m still writing The Anatomy of Awareness (which will arrive in more pieces soon). I’m still taking plenty of pictures. And I’ve thought about Evolation a great deal– what it should be, who it’s for, why it matters.
I realized that, honestly, I have too many ideas here for one site. Yet I’ve gotten so much positive feedback about Evolation, and in particular “Two Words to Overcome Sadness, Anger, Loneliness & Fear” — #1 on Google!– that I feel it’s obviously a shame to stop writing here.
So I thought I’d ask you.
What is it about Evolation that got you hooked? What subjects here interest you? What can I do to bring you more of the stuff you love?
I’m planning of launching a secondary blog about (specifically) consciousness, emotion, neuroscience, memory and brain-training. But by its nature, this would be more “factual” and less poetic than Evolation tends to be. Since this pretty nicely dovetails with some (but not all) of the content here, it makes some sense to simply transition Evolation in this direction. But what do you think, dear reader?
?I can’t promise I’ll get back to Evolation immediately, but know that it’s coming. And thank you, so so so much, for reading, commenting, donating, and responding. I’ll make it worthwhile.
- October 2010 (1)
- September 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (3)
- July 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (2)
- January 2009 (3)
- December 2008 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- September 2008 (1)
- August 2008 (1)
- June 2008 (8)
- May 2008 (2)
- 10.15 The Return
- 09.23 Jung’s Journey Through Madness to Be Published
- 08.31 10 Web and iPhone Apps that Need to Happen, Stat
- 08.22 The Anatomy of Awareness, Part Two: What Is Consciousness?
- 08.18 The Anatomy of Awareness, Part One: Notes on Dying
- 07.09 Hello, Esalen! + an update on my plans
- 04.19 10 Ways to Stop Wasting Time Online
- 04.12 Green Enough? The Biodegradable Credit Card
- 01.19 Irony vs Idiocy in the Case of Fake for Real
- 01.04 The 2009 Reboot: How I’m Staying Organized
- anatomy of awareness (RSS) (2)
- consciousness & Source (RSS) (6)
- culture & civilization (RSS) (2)
- design & architecture (RSS) (4)
- earth & nature (RSS) (5)
- living fully (RSS) (7)
- media & communication (RSS) (3)
- ownership & censorship (RSS) (1)
- site news (RSS) (7)
- technology (RSS) (7)
- the hard questions (RSS) (2)